Thursday 25 April 2013

( Extended 4+5 Evaluation) Written Reviews of 'Sweet Revenge'

''Your film is very well put together and beautifully shot, the soundtrack is very good, good levels. I am trying to find some constructive criticism, but finding it difficult. It's brilliantly directed, the camera work is excellent with great composition, and very well edited, the effects are in-keeping with todays filming technics and most of all it keeps the attention of the viewer. The shot of the boy jumping is superb! Not sure about the story but then "I am old," (But I am Happy) (Rod Stewart "Father and Son".) 1980s. I assume that this is because you're fitting with your theme which is the opening to a thriller, so as far as the story goes, this not only fits this purpose but is very engaging.If I thought I could have done anything like that at your age I would have been very proud, and I have been filming since I was 15 years old, (9.5 cine). If these idea's are mostly yours, you will do very well. It is good, well done and the best of luck with your future endeavours.''

- Carl Stredder - Chairman of Burnley Film Club 

A nicely shot film with an excellent range of camera angles and techniques ranging from effective use of depth-of-feild to crane shots. A superb student thriller, one which the cast crew should be very proud of. The editing techniques are outstanding, especially the evidnet colour grading and I look forward to see more films such as this in the future. The only constructive criticism I would give is to not have your shots so tight in the frame, but this is a common feature in many amateur films, and is no cause for concern. There are some fine tuning points, but if you didn't have those, you wouldn't be a film maker. Well done!

- Tommy O'Connor - Editor and Director at the BBC

No comments:

Post a Comment