Wednesday 20 March 2013

A Rough Cut

When the footage was taken off the SD cards (about 32GB in total) I placed the footage onto my personal editing suite and used Final Cut Pro 10 to do a rough cut of the production. I did this for multiple reasons a)  it would be easier to covert files from MOV to AVI (so the footage could be edited on Pinnacle, and would convert and compress these files on its own) b) to some some colour correction work on powerful, industry standard editing software which I was used to. Once this rough cut was done, the movie would be exported as a movie onto a DVD so it could be edited on the school software  so the other members of 'Songbird Productions' could have a crucial part in deciding key aspects of editing such as transitions, titles, sound and chroma key which all need to be done in the second edit. As it is very difficult to edit with more than one person due to it being extremely stylised, I did the rough cut, to whittle down most of the footage to 2 minutes, as we were filming for 8 hours, this was a long and hard process, and I had to be disciplined in the shots I chose and which ones would best connote meaning.

Here is the rough cut for 'Sweet Revenge'.

Sweet Revenge - Rough edit from Emma Taylor on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment